Chocolate and Banana Cake
This recipe makes one loaf - about 12 -14 good slices.
- 75g chocolate
- 110g butter (softened)
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 medium ripened bananas (peeled and mashed)
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180 *C
- Line with parchment paper a 2lb loaf tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. With a wooden spoon, cream the butter, add the sugar, and beat well; then add the eggs one by one, beating all the time.
- Add the sieved flour, baking powder and cocoa, followed by the melted chocolate and the mashed bananas. Stir to bring together.
- Pour into the loaf tin and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for about 5 minutes before removing.
Now enjoy your chocolate and banana cake with a cup of tea