Easy to make Mini Spinach & Cottage Cheese Frittatas that are ideal for a summer salad or ideal for a little picnic.
This recipe will make 6 frittatas and are suitable for vegetarians but not suitable for freezing.
- 100g baby spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 100g cottage cheese (we used onion & chive)
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- fresh nutmeg for grating
- pepper for seasoning
What To Do
- Grease the muffin tin and line with baking parchment squares. Preheat the oven to 160c/180c depending on the type of oven.
- Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water and leave it to drain. Once cool squeeze out the water and then chop.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and season and beat. Then mix the spinach, cheese, onions and nutmeg with the eggs.
- Divide up into the cases and bake for 20 minutes. Cool a little before removing.
These can be eaten hot or cold. We had these as a meal with some stir fried vegetables. If they are kept in an airtight container then they will last in the fridge for about 2 days.