Raspberry and Coconut Cupcake Recipe
- 175g self-raising flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 140g butter , softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 140g raspberries , fresh or frozen
FOR THE FROSTING
- 280g icing sugar
- 85g butter , softened
- raspberry juice from
- a little shredded coconut , to decorate
What to do
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with deep paper cases or a 15-hole bun tin with cake cases. Tip all the cake ingredients except the raspberries into a bowl and beat for 1-2 mins until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 18-20 mins (add a couple of extra mins for deep cases), until golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave to cool.
- Beat together the icing sugar, butter and raspberry juice to make a light, fluffy icing. Spoon onto the cakes and sprinkle with coconut.