In the past few years dash cams have become a growing business and you'll see lots of people on the road with them attached to their cars. In this video, I'll give you a quick look at the Nextbase Dash Cam 412GW from Halfords with some sample footage that I took on a grey dull day.
I love using technology, from cameras to computers, drones to unique gadgets and with any of these things I like them to work well and be easy to function.
This dash cam ticks those boxes perfectly. With the press of a few buttons, you'll have it working and recording in no time. For people who have no real knowledge of setting up something like this, it's incredibly easy and could be used by simply attaching to the windscreen, turning it on and pressing the record button.
Why have a dash cam? The reason they've become so popular is that it give you peace of mind, it helps protect you against false insurance claims and with some companies, it will reduce your insurance premium.
Nextbase Dash Cam 412GW Features
- Exclusive Powered Magnetic Click & Go mount for easy installation in the vehicle
- Instant evidence to support insurance claims to help prove an incident was not your fault
- 140 degree wide angle view with QUAD 1440p High Definition recording at 30 fps
- High frame rate option of 60fps recording at FULL 1080p HD
- Ultra clear 3.0” LED display for ease of playback and menu selection
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi to share your footage directly with your mobile via Nextbase Cam Viewer app
- Super slimline design - Dimensions 10.9 x 5 x 1.8 cm (W x H x D) (37mm incl. lens)
- Six-Element Sharp Lenses made with 6 layers of glass to provide stunning clear images
- GPS receiver and G sensor to record location and force data
- Inbuilt battery with up to 30 minute backup in the event of an accident
- Easy to install with 4m 12v power cable and Click & Go powered window mount included
- SOS data protection prevents the impact/ event recording from being deleted
- Supports SDHC Micro SD cards (not included) up to 32GB
I felt the quality of video produced from this was much much better than I thought possible. So much so that in future photography vlogs I'll use some of the footage to add into my videos.
If you're looking for a high-quality dash cam at a good price I'd really recommend this one from Halfords which is available on their website for £129.
We was sent this item for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.