Anyone who has children will know that saving money is near impossible but also very important. Both the girls have funds that they can’t touch until they’re 18 which will hopefully help them out with University fees or their first cars. To help you on the way I've teamed up with Orbis Access and they have given the chance to one of our readers to open up a Junior ISA for your child with £200 of seed money. This will give you a brilliant first start in your saving journey.
As a family we know that investing in your children's future is so important. We don't have a golden number in mind but our thoughts are simple, we want them to have as much money as we can afford. We don't want to get to them becoming 18 and wishing we'd done things differently, we'd rather know that we done everything possible to help them.
When it comes to the time when they can touch the money we'd like them to be able to cover their education if they go down that route or fingers crossed a deposit on their first house.
The reason we went down the Junior ISA route is that once the money has been invested you can’t touch it until they turn 18. This is a good thing as it would be all too tempting to take some out. The other point is that this is a tax-free investment. And if the investment does well, the compound interest would boost the amount of money available. But please do always bear in mind that when investing, you can lose money too.
As well as the competition Orbis Access are running a Christmas Top Up offer, if you invest in a Junior ISA between now and the end of December they will match the first payment up to the value of £100. To find out more information on this you can do so by visiting their website.
To enter this competition simply fill out the form below by using one of the following options.
• Visit the Orbis Access Facebook page where you're encouraged to like the page and leave a comment • Retweet the competition details on Twitter • Sign up to the Orbis Access email list Better still, if you enter and win, Orbis will still apply their Christmas top up! If you invested £100 and won the £200 prize, Orbis will add another £100 on top so you’d be starting the ISA with a grand total of £400.
Good luck to everyone that enters. Orbis Access Disclosure: This post was produced in association with Orbis Access
Competition terms and conditions
- There is one prize of an investment to the value of £200 made into a Junior ISA Account opened with Orbis Access (UK) Limited. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered and as a result and accordingly an account must be opened in the name of a child who is eligible for an Orbis Access Junior ISA Account in order to receive the prize.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoters, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The opening date for entries is 8 December 2016 and the closing date is the 31st December 2016. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- To enter the prize draw an entrant must follow the instructions provided by Gleam.
- Anyone using multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries by Gleam.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with their email address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- The Promoters reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoters regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
- The Promoters reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoters reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoters are Hillcrest PR Limited of 58 Croydon Road, Caterham, Surrey CR3 6QB (Registered in England, company number 8044861) and Orbis Access (UK) Limited of 28 Dorset Square, London NW1 6QG (Registered in England, company number 8138002). This is a joint promotion.